VisitScotland expo is Scotland’s flagship event for the travel trade and the only travel trade fair in the UK which exclusively promotes Scotland. expo enables Scottish tourism businesses to promote their products and services to potential buyers from around the globe.
VisitScotland expo welcomes buyers from all sectors of this global industry - coach tour operators, group travel organisers, tourism product wholesalers, specialist and independent tour operators and travel media.
VisitScotland expo took place at the AECC in Aberdeen on 22nd – 23rd April 2015 and was attended by:
- 240 exhibiting Scottish companies
- 322 International Buyers from 23 countries attended the event
- 137 UK based buyers.
From the official VisitScotland expo evaluation buyers intend to :
|International Buyers||UK Buyers|
|Add new Scottish Suppliers to their current programme|| 93%||86%|
|Expand their current programmes to Scotland||88%||82%|
|Create additional Scottish tour programmes||87%||79%|
|Introduce a Scotland programme for the first time||37%||14%|
- 88% of international buyers will feature a place they visited in future programmes.
- The average (mean) potential business value for buyers was £42,700 for International and £22,500 for UK based buyers.
- 75% of were satisfied/very satisfied with the business potential expo offered
- Buyers coming from Germany, USA, UK, China and Canada were rated the highest
- The average (mean) potential business value for exhibitors was £26,100
- 64% of exhibitor stated their ROI was excellent or good
- 76% of exhibitors conducted business with other stand holders.