VisitScotland expo is Scotland’s flagship event for the travel trade and the only travel trade fair in the UK which exclusively promotes Scotland. expo enables Scottish tourism businesses to promote their products and services to potential buyers from around the globe.
VisitScotland expo welcomes buyers from all sectors of this global industry - coach tour operators, group travel organisers, tourism product wholesalers, specialist and independent tour operators and travel media.
VisitScotland expo 2016 took place at the Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh on 20 – 21 April 2016 and was attended by:
- 288 exhibiting Scottish companies
- 401 International Buyers from 31 countries attended the event
- 183 UK based buyers.
The main reasons for International Buyers to attend were:
- Meeting with established contacts (86%)
- Make new contacts (82%
- Pick up new ideas / updating inspiration (82%)
For UK Buyers:
- Make new contacts (76%)
- Meet established contacts (74%)
- New ideas / updating inspiration (70%)
79% of international buyers will feature a place they visited in future programmes.
The average anticipated value of sales related to introduced / changed Scottish programme / products from attending expo 2016:
- International Buyers £69,700
- UK Buyers £20,400
- 85% of were satisfied/very satisfied with the business potential expo offered
- The average (mean) potential business value for exhibitors was £26,100
- 66% of exhibitor stated their ROI was excellent or good
- An average of 36 appointments were made by exhibitors